Welcome back to my blog if you’ve been here before! If this is your first time checking out my blog, welcome! I’m so glad you’re here!
I wanted to make a post about my summer makeup must-haves. I adore makeup and I find that the older I get, the more I want really great quality makeup. Here in Nebraska, the summer time is sweltering. Seriously, it’s freaking hot. The “feels like” temperature today is between 105 and 110. Insane. As soon as you step outside, you instantly lose 10 pounds to sweating. With that being said, keeping your makeup on your face is a challenge, let alone keeping it looking good. Also, I’m a mom of two so I need products that don’t have to look perfect in order to work. I’m usually in a rush in the morning so I need my products to be forgiving! I’ve found quite a few products that I truly love, so I thought I’d share them with you!
- BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer: Until now, I hadn’t found a primer that I deemed “worth it”. I decided to give this one a go because I absolutely love BareMinerals and I haven’t been disappointed. I find that this really helps create a great base for the foundation I use. It fills in those fine lines and small wrinkles I have and blurs out my skin. I can’t recommend this enough!
- Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Primer: For under $5, this eyeshadow primer is a STEAL. GO GET ONE NOW!!!! I put this on before any eyeshadow and my eyeshadow will last all day, even in the summer sun. This is fantastic.
- BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30: I don’t know about you, but in the summer time I really don’t like a heavy foundation. I’ve tried a ton of BB and CC creams and just didn’t really like them. I then tried this tinted gel cream from BareMinerals and I fell in love. I get compliments on my skin every time I wear it. It makes my skin look hydrated and youthful and I seriously appreciate that because my skin is on the dryer side. There are a ton of different shades, so chances are, you’ll find a good match. I wear this almost everyday and it’s actually improved my skin!
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer: I’ve been using this under-eye concealer for years. It’s the only concealer I’ve been able to find that doesn’t crease or cake under my eyes. I really love it! I use the fair shade which is just a touch lighter than my natural skin tone so it brightens up my under-eye area and makes me look more awake.
- BareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara: This is my FAVORITE mascara. It makes my lashes look amazing without any smudging or raccoon eyes at the end of the day.
- BareMinerals Invisible Bronze Powder Bronzer: I have pretty fair skin so finding a bronzer that doesn’t make me look like I’ve rubbed dirt all over my face is challenging. BareMinerals came out with this bronzer that’s geared towards more fair to light skin tones and I can’t say enough good things! It gives my skin a subtle tan and glow. It’s perfect for summer.
- Wet N Wild Mega Glo Highlighting Powder: I saw rave reviews about this highlighter on YouTube and decided I needed it. For under $5, I had to give it a try. After all, a little highlighter can go a long ways, especially in the summer months. I finally found this gorgeous highlighter at Wal-Mart. I haven’t been disappointed. It’s seriously beautiful and when I put it on my cheekbones, it adds a dewy glow which I love in the summer!
- NYX Matte Liquid Liner : I love a good liquid eye liner. This one is my tried and true. I’ll probably never use a different one. I have great control with this wand and it’s cruelty-free!
- Fiona Stiles Micro-Precision Brow Sculpting Pencil: I think eyebrows make or break a makeup look. A filled in brow just kind of puts it all together. This eyebrow pencil is by far my favorite. It’s small and precise and the little spindle brush on the end is superb.
So those are my must-haves! I hope if you’re in the market for some new makeup products, you’ll give some of these a try. I’m a makeup junkie and am at the point in my life where I only want a few products at a time instead of drawers full. I truly love these products and hope you do too! Here’s a picture of me wearing these products! It’s minimal but I love the look.
Until the next post!